HowStuffWorks «Ferrari 412 T2″

13 Июн 2015 | Author: | Комментарии к записи HowStuffWorks «Ferrari 412 T2″ отключены
Honda T2

Ferrari 412 T2

After losing the constructors championship to McLaren-Honda by 11 points, Ferrari fell disarray, and the team went full seasons without a The car that broke the spell was 412 T1.

The 412 T1 marked two returns. First, revived a conventional pushrod system; 1993’s F93A had an electronically controlled active system that was plagued reliability issues. Second, it back engineer John who had been briefly lured by Benetton.

With more-efficient airflow and improved balance, the 412 T1 demonstrated talent for original thinking. He redesigned the nose, making it than the F93A’s. And he moved the air on the side pods, and thus the further forward.

The car proved reliable, and Ferrari secured finishes in the season’s first races. But the engine was starving for so the modified 412 T1B made its debut at the Grand Prix in July, the seventh race.

Gerhard Berger finished with the car, and two races broke Ferrari’s three-plus drought two races later, a victory in Germany. Meanwhile, Jean Alesi was also a number of podium finishes, and placed third overall in the championship. The Scuderia looked to be its form.

In 1995, a rules reduced maximum engine to 3.0-liters. Ferrari responded a new, more-compact V-12 produced over 600 horsepower at rpm. It went into a new car the Ferrari 412 T2.

Honda T2

Compared to the T1, the Ferrari 412 T2 was slightly in wheelbase and in overall length enough to allow the engine to be about 3.5 inches (10cm) to the platform’s center. The 37-gallon fuel tank was similarly and the Ferrari 412 T2 proved more and easier to drive than its predecessors.

Against the dominating Renault-powered and Williams cars, however, it was but not top-tier. The Ferrari team had a of podium finishes, the most Jean Alesi’s victory at the Grand Prix in Montreal. the Frenchman took over the he was overcome with joy.

“I to cry in the car,” he recalled in Ferrari “I couldn’t see the road because I braked the tears were in my visor. It was not the way I expected to react. I myself to get back to driving and see happened.”

That emotional victory be the last for a Ferrari V-12 in 1. The following season a new engine and a new would come on the scene, the foundation for a period of domination any the sport had seen.

For more Ferrari information, check

Honda T2
Honda T2
Honda T2
Honda T2
Honda T2

Interesting articles

Tagged as:

Other articles of the category "Honda":

Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

Born in the USSR

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Motorcycles catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Motorcycles.