Qwika – Maico

24 Mar 2015 | Author: | Comments Off on Qwika – Maico
Maico GS 360

Maico

Maico is the name of an exempt private company in the Swabian Pfäffingen with Tübingen. It was created 1926 of Ullrich Maisch as MAIsch COmpagnions and began with the building of bicycles and accessories. Off approx.

1931 became also easy of motorcycles in production and sales programtaken up, now under the management of the sons of the firm founder, Otto and Wilhelm Maisch.

Toward the Second World War one turned the production from toy and wood-distilling apparatuses to, deliberated themselves however after economic problems the building of Motorfahrrädern using engines of other manufacturers.

Since the demand for larger machines continued to increase, engines of appropriate size however of foreign suppliers were not available, produced Maico 1950 the first own two-stroke engine, which found also in the scooters “ Maicomobil “and “Maicoletta” use.

End of the 1950er years left the general interestat motorcycles in Germany after, the demand tended toward automobile. Like many other companies, then produced also Maico from 1955 to 1957 small car of models with water-cooled two-cylinder secondary act row series of 400 and 450 cm 3 capacity with 15 and/or. 18 HP of maximum output; the two-seat model MC400/H was manufactured in 1374 copies.

The viersitzige type MC 500/4 was still more successful, by which over 6300 pieces were produced. Only small series experienced however the combination model MC 500 G, the viersitzige model MC 400/4 and 110 km/h the fast 20-HP model “500 sport”, toAt the end of of 1957 was manufactured (only 4 pieces). Refrained from the latter model it acts with these types only around the production continuation of the champion small car with some advancements.

Because of the leaving interest in road motorcycles and the little successful small car episode Maico set CROSSes now on area and Moto – Machines; the sport devices from the house Maico enjoyed at this time a good reputation and were successful.

From 1960 to 1966 Maico could deliver the military motorcycle model M 250/B in a number of items of approximately 10,000 to the German Federal Armed Forces. The model M 250/B solved the before usedlittle cross-country triumph – and DKW machines off, whereby the work had to take the assistance of the two-wheeler union due to the high number of items in Nuremberg to assistance. The two-wheeler union installed for instance a third of the produced machines; however Maico supplied also for the motorcycles engine provided in Nuremberg,Tank, forks and hubs.

Also a new attempt within the range of the road motorcycles in the middle of the 1960er years seemed first very successful. The MD 125, whose achievement amounted to 1966 14.5 HP, was at that time strongest Serienmaschine of its class. However no market for motorcycles of these existed in GermanyOrder of magnitude, with Maico one hoped for appropriate paragraphs abroad.

Maico GS 360
Maico GS 360

1967 appeared to 125 in the chassis of the MD a small motor cycle (one today in the Federal Republic no longer common motorcycle class to 50 ccm capacity) under the designation MD 50, a model with the uncommon rotary valve price increase. HoweverMaico with this model was not in a the position, the dominance of the Kreidler Florett and Hercules – machines in this market segment to endanger, not last also due to the various production defects, which the MD adhered to 50 and could be never completely eliminated.

So also that could at that time uncommon six-course transmissions (starting from 1972), the outstanding chassis, which do not prevent construction dependently rather maintenance-poor engine and the purchase price favorable in relation to the competition that the MD 50 had a bad reputation. Also the MD 250, 250 a ccm variant, last in the water-cooled version MD 250WK on the market, and the attempt with the Maico R-S 125, a motorcycle for road racing, built into the 1970er years, did not bring a commercial success to Maico.

Maico 360, year of construction 1968, veteran Moto CROSS Radevormwald, September 2005


an almost legendary call however had starting from centerthe 1960er area motorcycles, which justified the success of the company by a multiplicity of successes in the Motocross sport into the 1970er years, developed years of Maico. The drivers of the May CO running team placed 50 Motocross world champions in 20 years not only, but achieved also a multiplicity of further prices. Underother one was Hans Maisch, the son of William Maisch of one of the successful May CO work drivers.

To economic problems – not least due to of disputes within the family Maisch – it came in the middle of the 1980er years to the third bankruptcy, with which the exempt private company was finally dissolved.The mark Maico was sold and is manufactured in such a way also today still motorcycles under the label name Maico.

1987 became the company Maico to the industrial supplier Lorenz Merkle sen. sold. Company headquarters at that time was in Nördlingen in Bavaria. Lorenz Merkle June. began with a new conceiving of the May CO motorcycles.Center of the 1990er years was sold to Maico to a Netherlands company, the company name remained however until today (conditions 2005) in the possession of the family Merkle.

Maico GS 360
Maico GS 360
Maico GS 360
Maico GS 360
Maico GS 360
Maico GS 360
Maico GS 360

Interesting articles

Tagged as:

Other articles of the category "interesting":

Translation
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

Born in the USSR

423360519

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.


Motorcycles catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Motorcycles.