1978 Moto Guzzi T3

13 Июн 2015 | Author: | Комментарии к записи 1978 Moto Guzzi T3 отключены
Moto Guzzi 850 T

Moto Guzzi 850 T3

Warren L tried to buy a BMW but they wouldn’t one to him, so he ended up with a Guzzi T3. And a blister on his toe.

In I was determined to add a European touring a brand new BMW, to my shed. I in New York then, about 35 north of New York City. I my Harley to the local BMW dealer; I had a job, money in the bank and a deposit in my pocket.

After around the showroom for about 45 with no one inside except the staff and me, it became obvious none of the sales staff willing to wait on someone me.

So in frustration I got back on my Harley and south to the local Moto dealer, E/T Cycle Centre at At that time I figured a was the next best thing to a BMW and I was never going to consider a BMW ever again.

The Moto / Ducati dealership was very and quite willing to sell me any I wanted. As I didn’t know an lot about Moto Guzzis at time I elected to buy a new model over from the previous a 1978 T3. I loved the bike, it was comfortable, with good cornering performance and fantastic ability. I really wanted the for long distance, two-up beyond the comfort of my Harley, so I for the full luggage complement.

I ended up getting the Vetter and saddlebags designed specifically for Guzzi and, as Vetter make a tail-trunk mount, I a Gold Wing mount and it to fit the Vetter tail-trunk.

The correct Guzzi paint to match the pieces to the T3 was not readily available, so I the entire ensemble with a custom colour scheme. same 1979 paint is doing fine.

The Moto Guzzi rubber such as the drive shaft and battery strap proved to be of lasting more than a without splitting, so after annual changes these replaced with BMW rubber That was sometime around and there have been no since. During this I also added on-board air shocks, to facilitate touring on types of roads.

Moto Guzzi 850 T
Moto Guzzi 850 T

The longest that I made with a on this T3 was from New York, through Colorado, then south to the southern states, east to Tennessee and then to New York up the Blue Ridge with many side along the way. From straight roads to winding passes the bike was fast and All in all it was over 3000 miles, no mechanical problems, and the only problem was a blister on the toe is used for

To solve that the mechanism was to a heel-and-toe shifter with footboards. This change provided the benefit of a robust that was actually reliable.

the years there have other changes, like the of some gauges — the … lights are unnoticeable the day; the replacement of the stock switches with aftermarket as they failed; an electronic conversion; intake and exhaust lightening the flywheel. I also the stock oil sump with a Bub

The Bub unit gives an extra capacity and moves the cartridge from INSIDE the sump to a convenient location, external to and at the of the sump. The only mechanical in over 20 years, was a noisy throwout bearing which engine removal to replace.

the T3 has been a very user-friendly, and surprisingly fast motorcycle.

As a bizarre footnote, Real once set off to buy a Moto Guzzi but his Yamaha before he got to the Guzzi and so ended up buying a BMW.

Tagged as:

Other articles of the category "Moto Guzzi":

Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

Born in the USSR

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Motorcycles catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Motorcycles.