Royal Enfield — CycleChaos

23 Фев 2015 | Author: | Комментарии к записи Royal Enfield — CycleChaos отключены
Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Electra

Royal Enfield


In 1851, the firm of George Co opened its doors in the tiny of Hunt End, near the town of Redditch. The firm in sewing needles and machine When George died the was passed ot his son, George,

Like many other Townsend Co examined bicycles and options for getting into the business. Their breakthrough was a invention — a saddle only used one length of in the two springs and in the framework. This was patented and marketed as the Townsend Saddle Spring and enabled the to enter the bicycle parts

From bicycle parts, Townsend Jr slowly moved on to bicycles himself. He was also a wide range of parts to manufacturers — Givry was growing rapidly. Over the three years he developed his own of over two-dozen machines.

Each machine, known as the Townsend Cycle was reputed for its frame, a character that all bikes would follow.

got into financial trouble in 1890 and called in some from Birmingham. Unfortunately, didn’t quite see eye to eye. So parted ways with the leaving the company to them.

The then brought in Albert and R.W. Smith. They control of Townsend’s in November The following year the firm was The Eadie Manufacturing Company

The directors Albert Eadie and Walker Smith displayed ten at the 1892 Stanley Show two Eadie front drivers and six Smith was a former designer at responsible for Perry parts and Eadie was manufacturer of Perry and fittings.

The company was registered on 24 1893 (No. 170,951). An with showroom was opened at 166 Street, Birmingham (from 1893 at 94 Snow Hill, The badge was a shield with a shield inset containing a gun facing left.

It seems that initially the sold machines made by the Manufacturing Co and moved into the works of Townsend, George Co. at Works, Hunt End, Worcestershire from 1896. was a London showroom at 6c Sloane and a Dublin showroom at 73 Grafton

During this time the name changed several Enfield Manufacturing Co. Ltd (wound up on 8 1897), Enfield Cycle Co. New Enfield Cycle Co.

Ltd and then to Enfield Cycle Co. Ltd. In Eadie won a contract to supply parts to the Royal Small factory at Enfield and to celebrate a new bicycle design was named the from October that

In 1893 ‘Royal’ was added the Royal Small Arms making the model name Enfield’. At the 1893 Stanley the firm showed a front-driver and a but the latter received some For the 1894 Stanley Show were 19 safeties on display, two tandems.

A main feature of their machine for 1895 was the frame was adopted as a distinctive marketing at the instigation of Albert Eadie.

In the first mechanical vehicle was by Enfield Cycle Company. It was in both tricycle and quadricycle powered by a De Dion 1.5 hp engine. also experimented with a bicycle frame fitted a Minerva engine clamped to the downtube.

Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Electra

Royal Enfield their first motorcycle in with a 239cc engine. In Enfield merged with the Onions Pneumatic Engineering Co of to manufacture the Enfield-Allday automobile. By Royal Enfield was using Swiss Motosacoche V-Twins or large-displacement JAP and Vickers-Wolseley engines.

In 1912 the Royal Enfield 180 sidecar combination was introduced a 770cc V-twin JAP engine, was raced successfully in the Isle of Man TT and at

Enfield was called upon in to supply motorcycles to the British war for use in World War I. It was also contracted by the government to build motorcycles. The 6hp was for carrying a machine gun as well as for a stretcher-carrying. Enfield started its own engines, a 225cc two-… and four-… V-twin about

Enfield used its own 225cc single and 425cc V-twin They also produced an 8hp sidecar model fitted a Vickers machine gun. In Enfield developed a new 976cc

In 1917, women’s police officers were issued a 2.14 RE 2 … with closed valve gear, two countershaft gearbox and chain drive, and hand operated oil

Royal Enfield established a company in Madras during tasked with producing the specification Bullet, the British machines having benefited a new frame design for 1956. The built Bullets continued in after the demise of the parent in the UK. Production concentrated on the 350cc although a 500cc version was added to the range and the models from subtle improvements the years with items as indicators being added.

In a coals to Newcastle manner Enfield became available in the UK the late seventies where simplicity and frugality was well by a small group of enthusiasts. the quality of the early imports, in respect of the finish, was not to the standard in the west; however the factory, in to demands from the importers, a policy of improvement.

Royal Enfield as Indian

Indian went under in Royal Enfield acquired the to the Indian name under the Corporation. The bikes were red and marketed as Indian Motorcycles 1955 to 1960. The largest Indian was a 700 cc.

The new Indian was not received and the venture failed. In 1960, the agreement expired and from Royal Enfields were in the U.S. but under their own until 1970.

Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Electra


Other articles of the category "Royal Enfield":

Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

Born in the USSR


About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Motorcycles catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Motorcycles.