1998 Triumph T509

24 Мар 2015 | Author: | Комментарии к записи 1998 Triumph T509 отключены
Triumph Speed Triple T509

1998 Triumph T509

T509 Speed Triple:

A Behind Bars

P iles of tons of torque, bags of gallons of ground clearance…the T 509 Speed Triple has it all. But isn’t good enough. The is, these things haven’t selling very well in the And not only does the T 509 have it takes to be a serious contender in the level of the sportbike class but motorcycle magazines have those abilities, too. Its are not a secret.

You all know it’s a bike. So, why doesn’t anybody What’s up? It’s that Charles guy, isn’t

T he difference between Triumph’s Triple and the Daytona are simply the the fairing/headlight, and the size of the engine. share the same frame, brakes, pipes, gauges, and so giving the Speed Triple as ground clearance as the Daytona and the awesome braking. The only with these few differences is the smaller size of the Speedy’s Why Triumph ever decided to it smaller than the Daytona’s plant we may never know.

But rather than make Triumph did it right in ’99 and the new Speed will have the bigger

B ut the fact remains, if it wasn’t for us all that the bigger engine no one would have ever The Speed Triple is quite and capable with the power it originally came with and I tested again here. get a ’99 as soon as we can but we thought we should the original Speed Triple

And, besides that, the new wasn’t available in August I rode this one.

F or of you who didn’t bother looking at bike in the first go-round, the Triple is powered by a 3-cylinder liquid-cooled, inline, DOHC, per cylinder, 885cc engine. fuel injection. And oh, what a injection system it is.

T he efi on the T500 is the smartest system available on any bikes built today. It almost everything that the is doing, which allows the to compensate for a myriad of changing The efi has sensors for wheel speed, pressure, camshaft speed, position, air temperature, and coolant

By using this knowledge, the even looks to predict needs by anticipating whether or not the is about to accelerate or decelerate. And better than that, the can be reprogrammed for aftermarket pipes or modifications. The Speed Triple’s efi for performance unattainable with while also making for a burning and efficient engine.

T he cylinder engine of the Speed turns out to be a great compromise the screaming peakiness of a four and the low-end torque of a twin. It is a that adequately captures the of each of those other configurations rather than those qualities out into the of an inline four and the peak of a twin.

T he chassis of the Speed is a work of beauty and function. Its is uniquely Triumph yet also tech. There is no excuse for to accuse Triumph of copying the or the Italians or even the Dutch on the or look of the thing. From the to the swing arm, the pieces of the are a mix of aluminum parts that are extruded, or forged.

The pieces are all welded together and with a silver coating, but the is the coating can be stripped off and the frame polish up to a consistent finish.

T he is a cast aluminum unit unfortunately doesn’t uphold the beauty of the rest of the machine. It plainly industrial and out of place considering the brute machine of the overall package. But it does do its job

T he forks are of the conventional design, but more and more modern have been appearing conventional forks, it is becoming and less perceived as low tech and appreciated as practical and functional. forks might turn out to be workable alternatives or a passing not necessarily any better or worse.

T he Triple’s brakes are some of the available OEM stoppers. With two four-piston calipers and dual rotors, the feel and stopping of the Speed Triple is excellent. No how hard the bike was pushed the just wouldn’t fade or feel.

T hose headlights. I guess you love them or hate I love them.

But if they’re been scaring away you who part your hair on the the good news is that you can buy an single headlight now.

T he time I tested a Speed was only on the streets because. just because. This I was left to make big decisions by so I did the right thing and took the onto a race circuit. International Raceway to be exact.

the Speed Triple shares all of the parts of the Daytona it shows as quite capable on the racetrack, you. Although the bars are than the clip-ons of the Daytona, the pegs are in the same position and so is no loss of ground clearance. And the Speed Triple has a fully suspension that can be dialed in fine for a day of hard riding.

Those who have raced chassis have noted a revised rear link is in order but other than the bike has what it takes.

T he Triple is best on unfamiliar roads because its sit-up position gives the rider a view of unexpected and impending Being tucked in is great if you where you’re going but up can make you less of a fool as you into the unknown.

T he simple is the Speed Triple is an awesome and one of the coolest looking bikes on the The new wild green color me fall even more in with this bike but I’m it’s the same as those two eyes — love it or. Don’t the green of this machine by the on your computer screen it doesn’t photograph well and it even worse.

In real it’s flat out the grooviest of any bike available today. But it not be a proper fit for the RUBs. If one doesn’t a personality before buying a then this color cause a fright.

F or ’99 the Speed Triple will the big 955 engine but it is tuned for more low end the version in the Daytona. As far as I’m concerned, the is already a sportbike with bars so the increased power just make it all that better. We’ll see.

In the time, if you find a deal on of 855cc … triples, hesitate.

Interesting articles

Other articles of the category "Triumph":

Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

Born in the USSR

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Motorcycles catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Motorcycles.