MD First Ride: 2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 …

5 Май 2015 | Author: | Комментарии к записи MD First Ride: 2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 … отключены
Triumph Bonneville T 100

MD First Ride: 2007 Bonneville T100

The Bonneville and the Bonneville T100 are the first models Triumph has released. Due to demand from their Triumph decided to make available two months prior to the release. For 2007, all Bonneville now feature a version of the 865cc twin engine from which replaces the 790cc formerly found in the most Bonneville models.

The T100, as the suggests, can do the staggering speed of 100 the true ton. The original was one of the world’s fastest motorcycles at the end of the and it is this image Triumph has with the T100. The Bonneville is after the famed Bonneville Flats in Utah, the site of a of the world’s land-speed record both four- and two-wheeled.

these days a 100mph top isn’t much to brag and the Bonneville’s main selling are its rugged, classical good The T100 is part of Triumph’s Classics” range, designed to buyers both young and old – anyone who appreciates its cool look. The Bonneville T100 is a looking machine with steel mud-guards, loads of pea-shooter exhausts and a hand fuel tank.

The seat height is 775mm and the handlebars are placed so that the position is upright and comfortable. The dry is a claimed 205 kilos (452lbs), but the does not feel too heavy – solid. The classic double is surprisingly comfy, and not much me to ride the ’07 Bonnie like a The handlebar is narrower than a and the foot pegs higher.

But 30 of development have made the a pure nostalgic choice for the that remembers the sixties. new and trendy “sixty8″ accessories are targeting the younger buyers particularly the ones that in a city. Anyone with an eye for the of sixties nostalgia will be to the Bonneville.

Steel tubes everything in place in the bends, and the feels much more a rider’s bike than any looking cruiser. Looking at the instruments, I spot a classic-looking next to the speedo. The tach me to quantify what I have understood; the engine gives acceleration all through the rev-range, but 6,000rpm there is little to be gained.

Max power is 67bhp@ 7,200rpm, but max torque @ 6,000 rpm you are just as off short-shifting into the next

The engine buzzes silent as a machine and, making me the extra noise and character the parallel twin provides fitted with louder After riding a Thruxton 900 loud pipes back-to-back the T100, I now know what was According to Triumph, a T100 with their optional exhaust will sound to the Thruxton I rode.

The engine twin, electrically heated These days, carburetors are expensive than fuel and Triumph has had to go to great lengths to the carburettor-fueled Classics range clean enough for the first of the new Euro 3 standards, which go effect in 2007. This burning off un-burnt fuel it reaches the atmosphere outside of the

Triumph has added an air injection near the spark plug to this. As a result, a measly is lost on its way between the Keihin and the rear wheel. The air injection kit saves the 2007 models, but in Triumph will have to the fuelling again.

By then, only fuel will be able to save the Classics range from the arm of emissions regulations.

The Bonneville parallel twin features the 360-degree firing order. The Bonnie classic that from that configuration is the with its 270-degree firing The engine runs at 3,900 rpm cruising at 63mph (100km/h) in gear.

The five-speed gearbox smoother than the gearboxes I am used to on Triumph’s three-cylinder and there’s hardly any “clunk” when changing gears.

upon a time, in the latter of the sixties, 100mph was considered as as 186mph is today. The 2007 reaches the ton effortlessly, even on of the mile long uphill on the M1 around Nottingham. But even pushed in top gear for several there’s no way the T100 will a name change to T110.

days it’s not very PC to use top as a sales argument, but the Suzuki would have been the after the old Triumph terminology.

There is hardly any vibration at all the parallel twin engine and the stay clear in any situation. The end power is good, but the acceleration to impress. There are few surprises, suits if you like a predictable on two wheels.

The brakes consist of a caliper clamping a 310mm up front and one powerful 255mm with two-piston caliper at the – powerful because I found it too to lock up the rear wheel on the When riding the Thruxton 900 after the T100, it was different in department, as the chance of locking up the wheel was less.

Triumph Bonneville T 100

With Metzeler Z2, tires the braking can be concentrated on the front wheel, stopping distances. The Metzeler sits on spoked wheels, front and 17inch rear a 130/80 tyre. Ground is more than good for some fast Sunday rideouts, but get the Thruxton 900 for the TTs.

The is firm enough and good with 41mm forks out and twin shocks at the back can be adjusted for preload. Stability in the is good, and overall the handling can be as very predictable. The swingarm is made of steel and contributes to the feel.

A big part of the whole Bonneville is staring at the machine at home in the before and after a ride. other brands produce machines taking inspiration the same era as the Bonneville, but none of carry the credibility that with the classic Triumph found on the T100′s tank.

The engine covers are bigger the average mirror in your and feature a smooth surface of lines and details – all the easier to up before a ride to the pub or café. The sits on the right-hand side, and to how far the nostalgia goes I flicked a at the chain guard to verify it is of rather than cheap Metal it is. The chromed headlight is and belies its period-correct appearance by sufficient light on a dark

With a bit of WD-40 I would been able to use the steering which is separate from the on the right hand side of the head.

In the end, if you fancy the retro and want all (well, most of) the factor of a 60s Bonneville without the problems of riding a 40-year old the T100 is an excellent choice. The certainly won’t stick your mates on modern but it’s a much better than a cruiser, while possessing that classic, and leather appeal.

Bonneville style and the Triumph badge on the tank

The Triumph Bonneville T100 a U.S. MSRP of $8,199. Triumph’s website for additional and specifications.

Interesting articles

Other articles of the category "Triumph":

Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

Born in the USSR

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Motorcycles catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Motorcycles.